I *LOVE* having a paycheck again. HOLY crap. Seriously.
As per the norm, I stuck in one of the new discs in the car player heading back to work. I am DIGGING the Centipede-Eest’s “Confluence” CD. It’s … whoa. “Bombastic” comes close … but it’s just so much more than that. Evocative lyrics, EXCELLENT music … and DIVERSE! The first song, the title track, wastes absolutely no time in hitting you square in the face with voracious guitar, bass and drums in a very in-your-face style. Speedy. Wow. But the transition to “Evidence of Heaven” is indicative of just how good a CD this can be. Truthfully, that’s all the further I’ve made it in so far, but if those two tracks are any indication, yah–gonna be getting some heavy rotation over the next few weeks.
Here’s the rest of the “new” stuff.
- Kimya Dawson – Remember That I Love You
- Orenda Fink – Invisible Ones
- Clare Burson – Silver and Ash
- The Early November – The Mother, The Mechanic, and the Path (VERY excited to spin this one!)
- Scout Niblett – I Am
- Scout Niblett – This Fool Can Die Now
- Holly Golightly and the Brakeoffs – Medicine County
I could have sworn that I had at least one of those Scout Niblett CDs, but apparently not. I’m okay with that. 🙂
So I think I’ll be reviewing these over the next several days. Or maybe I’ll bust out some of the older stuff from previous purchases. At this point, I’ll just be happy to get back into the steady writing mode.